Monday, April 18, 2016

The Story of my backwards "E" and All Mixed Up

And with everything comes a story.
All Mixed Up came about during one of my life's greatest and worst "storms". It was in this storm that I grew, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. 
Art has always been an escape for me. There are releases of feelings and emotions that I can't even begin to explain in words when I apply my heart and soul into creating whatever it is I sit down to do. No Art lessons. No College of the Arts. All self taught and God guided gifting. 
Now on to the story of my backwards "E".........
When I first started metal stamping and making jewelry, I jumped right in. No experience, just sme interesting pinterest posts I had come across starting a burning desire to become creative on my own. I visited my local art and hobby store, bought the supplies and kind of winged it. 
The first necklace I stamped was to say "With brave wings she flies". I got to the word "brave", to the "E", and accidentally stamped it backwards. Frustrated and oh so unsatisfied, I tossed it to the side and started all over. Stamping the next one correctly. Perfectly straight lines, no letter out of place. Totally uniform and so NOT ME. I returned to the messed up plate and completed it, all with the backwards "E", no straight lines, no uniformity, just kind of "All Mixed Up" and I loved it. It was unique. It was original and it was mine.
About a month after All Mixed Up was born I lost my little brother in a tragic car accident. He left behind a beautiful wife, 7 children, an amazing sister (me of course) an awesome mixed up compilation of family and loving friends. We all know he's in heaven getting stuff ready for us. He's our angel now. He had a love for the number 3. I could go on for hours about his love for this number and events and stories and accounts of this special number in his life, but I should stay on topic and get to my story. This backwards "E" quickly became a reminder of that special #3. It is recognized everywhere in my small little town. It is identified as "Hey, All Mixed Up made that! ". 
So the "E"...ya...It's my trademark. It's my story. And a piece of him goes with every piece I make. Not the end of my story I'm sure...but what an awesome beginning. I look forward to the future of what this brings. 
Be sure to go like my Facebook pages, follow my ramblings in my personal blog and to see more of my work, faith, inspiration, opportunities, love, laughter and more.

Find my jewelry here: All Mixed Up by Monnie and follow me on Facebook for your daily dose of faith, hope, love, sarcasm, laughter and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment